Saturday, March 20, 2010

I admit it, I have a sweet tooth.

I used to be skinny. I swear. Not long ago actually. It's amazing how much weight a person can gain in such a short amount of time. I enjoy eating healthy foods. In fact, I prefer eating healthy foods. I've never been a fan of greasy fried edibles or thick slobs of meat. Anytime I attempt to drink a can of pop I begin to burp and hiccup uncontrollably. Potato chips, Cheetos, pretzels - they do nothing for me.

Okay okay, I'm not being completely honest. There is a multitude of unhealthy foods that I crave all day, everyday. I absolutely, under zero circumstances, cannot live without sugar. Not even for a couple hours. Cupcakes are both my best friend and worst enemy. Eating a pint of ice cream in one sitting is not out of the ordinary. It doesn't even take a broken heart or stressful day to lead me to commit such a crime. I love cheese. The great thing about cheese is that it tastes great with EVERYTHING.

I'm getting a bit off track here. The point I was originally trying to make is that I'm generally a healthy person. Even though I often surrender to such deplorable eatables, I am usually able to offset any wrong doing by exercising and maintaining a diet full of necessary nutrients. What's the problem, you ask? I have fallen off the wagon of healthy living. Better yet, I have been chucked from the wagon and thrown so ferociously that it has become impossible to find my way back. The foods that I have been eating lately were not the least bit appealing to me a few months ago. My daily workout currently consists of nothing more than walking up and down a flight of stairs and traveling from one room to another. I look unhealthy, I feel unhealthy, I'm embarrassed, and its time to change.

There is no need to articulate the various reasons describing why I've let myself go. God knows I have plenty of excuses. It's just ridiculous that I have allowed one shortcoming in my life to snowball into a plethora of new obstacles. I hope to use this blog to hold myself accountable for my personal return to healthy living. I want to enjoy food again - get excited over cooking a nutritious meal or preparing a healthy snack. In addition, I hope to obtain followers who empathize with my love/hate relationship with food and exercise. I have a hunch that I am not the only unfortunate soul dealing with such shortcomings. As a result I invite you to share any advice, thoughts, or stories of your own pertaining to the topic at hand.

Warning: There may be lots of wining, more excuses, and many failed attempts throughout the process of my blogging experiment. I can be quite irrational and unpredictable at times. I will do my best to be positive but please bare with me. Lets get going!

Love and cupcakes,
Coley

No comments:

Post a Comment